Wednesday 23 November 2016

HIS BLACK SCAR.





A huge black scar on his thigh
He refuses to give any explanation
Thinks I've let it go
Ha! He SO doesn't know
Or maybe he does
And is only hoping
That this one time
I'll let this defeat be mine

So these group of boys walk in
And start a game of chess
I just cant help but think
Maybe that's what we're doing here
He feeds me potato chips
I hate them but for him I'll try
Wish he'd just say already
What about this scar, why

Now he reads these two verses
Chuckles and smiles up at me
Joke about it being punishment
From a wizard's meet, on a hill
Then sits up with a serious look in his eyes
And places a hand on his scarred thigh
And tells me of the scar from long ago
He was three years old, his grandpa's bike

I cant help but give a huge smile
Our eyes twinkle, he holds my hands
Thought 'bou all the reasons, but
Ne'er a story as cute as this
Big moments, huge opportunities
We think are the most important things
But the most precious, little they are
Seemingly insignificant, like this huge scar.






21 comments:

  1. I really like this. Good writing. 'I hate them but for him I'll try'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice.
    Waiting for the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant!!!!!!!

    "keep stepping on the accelerator.... and see where the vehicle takes you"..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite poetic! Dats cool. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. �� good stuff.
    ��

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely pieced. I expect more of this.

    ReplyDelete